Friday, August 7, 2009

How important is going to church?

I mean how important to your own spirituality? If you want a place to serve or a place to join in order to proclaim your faith, then I guess church is the way to go. But, how important is it to you personally? If we all have God's Spirit within us, whether we think of it as a divine spark, Jesus in our hearts, or the filling of the Holy Spirit, isn't that enough. Isn't God able to speak to us, teach us, guide us without the influence of others? Some people seem to fear "falling away" if they are not in fellowship. Isn't God's Spirit able to keep us?

Don't get me wrong, I like corporate worship. There is something moving, even magical, about people joined together to worship God. But I don't think it is essential to living a vibrant spiritual life.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment