Saturday, August 22, 2009

Strength and Confidence from Within

"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time." Anna Freud

It is funny to me that many things that we "know" in our heads for years, may sometimes become real in an instant. After spending many years looking for acceptance from others, finding it within myself is much more gratifying. Somehow looking outward for acceptance even to God has often left me still feeling insecure. Thinking of God as an external force outside of myself means that I have to remind myself that I am loved, etc. But finding God within myself, continuously aware of that presence and of the inate strength and confidence that is within me, has brought me a joy that I am just beginning to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment